- There are no alternate images available for this product.
Andrus A Lifetime of Magic DVDs
Jerry Andrus is one of the most original thinkers in magic and beyond. His magic and optical illusions have been featured on television shows and in magazine articles all over the world. These programs offer you an opportunity of a lifetime where you can see him perform and explain many of his greatest inventions. You will see and learn astounding magic with cards, coins, balls, handkerchiefs and much more.
Available individually or as a set of three DVDs.
Volume One Includes:
- Mylar Mystery: A yellow spot on a piece of mylar turns into a three-dimensional ball which is bounced, examined and then put back into the sheet to become a flat spot. The effect is repeated several times with each occurrence becoming more impossible.
- Zone Zero: A ball vanishes every time it enters a hole in the center of a stiff board and reappears when you reach inside the opening to get it.
- Perfect Package: A flat cardboard box is removed from an envelope, unfolded and a ball rolls out. The ball is put back, the box is once again folded and placed back in the envelope.
- Impossible Shuffle: A signed card is returned to the deck and the deck is shuffled into the card case. When the spectator cuts the case their card appears under it. The case is now opened to show that the entire deck has vanished.
- A Word In Mind: A thought-of word is written on a playing card and the card is lost in the deck. You can now name the word with one-hundred percent accuracy.
- Spectator ESP: A spectator touches a card in a fan while a second spectator names that card while her back is turned.
- I.O.U: Under the pretense of a bet that you can make the deck float off the table you shuffle the cards in a unique way so at the end they spell the letters I.O.U.
- Satan's Selections & Shuffles: A multiphase card routine where two signed selections are lost in the deck using some wild looking shuffles and cuts. The deck is then shuffled by three spectators and when the cards are finally cut in half they are seen to be separated with all the red cards together and the blacks together. As a kicker the red selection is among the black cards and the black is with all the reds.
- Wichita Wonder: A signed card is returned to the center of the deck. When the deck is dropped into the spectator's hand the entire deck vanishes as the selection flutters into their hand.
- Twin Pipes: A cups and balls type of routine using two brass tubes, three rubber balls and a coin. The routine is full of new and creative techniques which feature many impossible looking appearances, vanishes and transformations.
Volume Two Includes:
- Accupressure: A large steel ball appears in the palm of our hand after showing both hands empty.
- Whispering Aces: A multiphase routine where four signed aces are lost in the deck but keep coming back to the top. The final two phases have the aces change place with four indifferent cards on the table and finally vanish to appear in your pocket.
- To Any Small Number: A signed selection is lost in the deck. The spectator names a number between one and five. When they count to that number they find their selection.
- Slop Triumph: A unique two phase routine where cards are shuffled face-up and face-down. When the deck is spread the cards are all facing the same way. The first phase incorporates a selection.
- Tracker Jacks: Two jacks are placed face up and a signed selection is placed face down in different parts of the deck. When the deck is spread the selection is found sandwiched between the two jacks.
- Any Card, Any Number: A signed selection appears at a freely thought of position in the deck. Similarities: A multiphase routine where you divine the names of selected cards with the final kicker having an indifferent card change into the selection.
- Bowed Deck Display (performance only): A wild looking flourish with a warped deck of cards.
Sleights taught: Panoramic Shift, The Canceled Count, Sidewinder Shift (with many variations), Sleeving From The Deck, Snap Sleeving, De-Sleevery, Vani-Verse Move, The Ginza Shift, Short Wave Pass, Slop Shufle, Table Reverse, Sneak Peek and many unnamed original sleights, subtleties and techniques.
Volume Three Includes:
- The Two Card Trick: A spectator points to two playing cards. The cards are removed from the deck and a large coin magically appears between them. The cards are now used to produce a total of twelve coins which are dumped into the spectator's hand.
- Ace, Two, Three, Four Trick: An ace, two and a three are removed from the deck as you mention that you are doing the Ace, Two, Three, Four Trick. Before the spectator can ask where is the four, you shake the three cards and four large coins appear on their backs.
- Miser's Miracle: Andrus' classic routine where coins magically appear as two cards are rubbed together. As a finale one of the cards is torn in half and a coin is produced from between the two halves. The half card is torn again and a large coin appears from between two of the quarter cards. The hands are shown empty throughout the routine.
- Startling Color Change: Andrus' technique for the color change is considered the most beautiful in magic. As you wave your hand over the face of the deck the top card visually changes.
- Shockwave: A signed card is returned to the center of a deck which is wrapped with a rubberband. When the Band is snapped the card escapes from the deck and flutters to the table.
- Four Coins Through The Handkerchief: Coins penetrate, one at a time, through the center of a handkerchief. Each phase is structured to look more impossible than the preceding one.
- Temporary Oblivion: A ball vanishes from the center of a handkerchief and visually reappears under it.
- Card-Tration: A selected card is lost in the deck. The deck is wrapped by a handkerchief. The selection is now pulled right through the handkerchief.
- Vampire Needle: A giant needle rips through a handkerchief. The resulting hole is healed leaving the handkerchief as good as new.
- Vanishing Pen: A borrowed pen vanishes while wrapped by a handkerchief.
- Linking Pins (performance only): See Andrus perform the now classic routine he popularized where three safety pins link and unlink under impossible conditions.
Sleights taught: Diagonal Jog (with variations), Banded Side Palm (with variations), The Clip Slip and many techniques and sleights with coins, cards, balls and handkerchiefs. A Meir Yedid Magic release.
LOG IN TO VIEW PRICES AND TO PLACE YOUR ORDER. WE ONLY SELL TO MAGIC DEALERS AND RESELLERS. PLEASE EITHER LOG IN, OR REGISTER WITH US.